HyreCar Insurance Policy Summarized:
7 things to know:
1. TNC (Transportation Network Company) policy: When a driver is driving for a TNC and a ride is in-progress or a ride has been accepted (the driver has pushed the button to accept a ride), the TNC policy is in effect.
2. HyreCar policy: The HyreCar policy serves as primary insurance when a Driver has picked up a vehicle from an Owner and when a Driver has the TNC application turned on (that is, Driver has turned on the TNC application but has not accepted a fare).
3. The HyreCar insurance is secondary when the driver is engaged in a ride facilitated by a Transportation Network Company (as soon as a ride is turned on or a fare has been accepted)
4. As part of its Services, HyreCar offers limited insurance to Drivers and Owners. Insurance information will be delivered to Driver and Owner at the time of booking. HyreCar insurance is limited to caps of $300,000 in liability insurance and $25,000 in physical damage insurance. A $2,500 deductible will be applied to the Driver for both liability and physical damage claims.
5. The HyreCar policy serves as primary insurance when a Driver has picked up a vehicle from an Owner and when the Driver has a TNC application turned-on. The HyreCar insurance is secondary when the Driver is engaged in a ride facilitated by a Transportation Network Company (as soon as a ride is accepted).
6. HyreCar’s insurance does NOT replace an Owners requirement to maintain personal or other insurance as required by law. HyreCar’s insurance will not provide any state filings for you to obtain a vehicle plate or to annually renew a sticker or other State Requirement.
7. Hyrecar’s insurance only provides limited Livery insurance while temporarily operating on the Hyrecar site.
You can read about our insurance policies here