HyreCar Insurance Policy Summarized:
6 things to know:
- TNC’s (Transportation Network Company, such as Uber or Lyft) have their own insurance policy. When a driver is driving for a TNC and a ride is in-progress or a ride has been accepted (the driver has pushed the button to accept a ride), the TNC policy is in effect.
- HyreCar policy: The HyreCar policy serves as primary insurance when a Driver has picked up a vehicle from an Owner but the TNC application is not turned on.
- The HyreCar insurance provides secondary coverage when the driver has turned on the TNC app but has not yet accepted a fare, as the TNC policy is only partially in effect.
- As part of its Services, HyreCar offers limited insurance to Drivers and Owners. Insurance information will be delivered to Driver and Owner at the time of booking. HyreCar insurance is limited to caps of $100,000 in liability insurance and $25,000 in physical damage insurance. A $2,500 deductible will be applied to the Driver for physical damage claims.
- HyreCar’s insurance does NOT replace the personal or other insurance required by law. HyreCar’s insurance will not provide any state filings for you to obtain a vehicle plate or to annually renew a sticker or other State Requirement.
- Hyrecar’s insurance only provides limited Livery insurance while temporarily operating on the Hyrecar site.
You can read about our insurance policies here.