1. If an accident occurs, please get to a safe area and make sure to call 911 if you are injured or need to file a police report.
2. Please inform the owner via call or text that an accident has occurred.
3. Take as many photos as possible from all angles.
4. Alert HyreCar by going to your Dashboard -> Contact Support -> Report an Accident.
5. If a 3rd party is involved, please make sure to exchange proper insurance information with the 3rd party.
6. If the vehicle needs towing, please call our support number (213) 805-8677 -> Press 1 for the accident phone line -> Press 2 to report a new accident -> Press 1 for roadside assistance. Click here <hyperlink to towing page> to know more about towing.
7. If the accident is not major and the vehicle is still drivable, then the driver will need to drop the vehicle off at the owner’s location in order to end the rental.
Important points to note down for the driver during an accident:
- Proper description
- Police report number (if filed)
- Location of the vehicle (if towed)
- If a rideshare app was on / if there were any rideshare passengers at the time of the accident
- After you report the accident, our claims department will be in touch with you within 24 hours so that you can proceed towards filing an insurance claim.