8 things to know
1. TNC (Transportation Network Company) policy: When a driver is driving for a TNC and a ride is in-progress or a ride has been accepted (the driver has pushed the button to accept a ride), the TNC policy is in effect.
2. HyreCar policy: The HyreCar policy serves as primary insurance when a Driver has picked up a vehicle from an Owner and when a Driver has the TNC application turned on (that is, Driver has turned on the TNC application but has not accepted a fare).
3. The HyreCar insurance is secondary when the driver is engaged in a ride facilitated by a Transportation Network Company (as soon as a ride is turned on or a fare has been accepted)
4. As part of its Services, HyreCar offers limited insurance to Drivers and Owners. Insurance information will be delivered to Driver and Owner at the time of booking. HyreCar insurance is limited to caps of $300,000 in liability insurance and $25,000 in physical damage insurance. A $2,500 deductible will be applied to the Driver for physical damage claims.
5. The driver is responsible for a $2,500 deductible, regardless of fault/ no-fault in causing the physical damage to the vehicle. If there is a third-party involved, the driver must still pay the deductible first. The driver will then be reimbursed if the third party pays the claim. HyreCar will hold the driver's vehicle deposit and apply it against the deductible.
6. The HyreCar policy serves as primary insurance when a Driver has picked up a vehicle from an Owner and when the Driver has a TNC application turned-on. The HyreCar insurance is secondary when the Driver is engaged in a ride facilitated by a Transportation Network Company (as soon as a ride is accepted).
7. HyreCar’s insurance does NOT replace an Owners requirement to maintain personal or other insurance as required by law. HyreCar’s insurance will not provide any state filings for you to obtain a vehicle plate or to annually renew a sticker or other State Requirement.
8. HyreCar’s insurance only provides limited Livery insurance while temporarily operating on the HyreCar site.
Insurance & Damages
This is a general description of insurance information only and is not meant to change or replace the actual insurance policy.
1. Automobile Third Party Liability coverage:
- Insurance Coverage is provided up to $300,000 CSL per accident while under a HyreCar Business “contract” rent/lease agreement.
- The HyreCar Insurance provides NO Insurance Coverage while a “Transportation Network Company” (TNC) is providing the Insurance Coverage.
- There is NO HyreCar Insurance Coverage provided unless the HyreCar business auto rental/lease agreement is in force.
- HyreCar Insurance Coverage is only provided for the HyreCar contracted driver while under contract with HyreCar to rent/lease the vehicle. No other permissive drivers or operators are covered under the HyreCar Insurance policy.
- Uninsured/Underinsured (UM/UIM) and Personal Injury Protection (no fault PIP) are included only at statutory basic limits and only where required by law. UM/UIM & PIP are excluded in all states where permissible by law.
- Damages are subject to the actual cash value (ACV) of the vehicle. Damages are limited to not more than the Actual Cash Value or a maximum of $25,000 per claim, whichever is less; subject to a deductible.
- Normal wear and tear is not covered by any insurance.