Damages can occur during an active rental such as a broken mirror, scratches, dents, or broken headlights. For minor damages, HyreCar encourages that the driver and owner settle it amongst themselves.
To ensure that HyreCar is fair to both the driver and the owner, the owner must submit 4 photos at the beginning of the rental (passenger side, driver side, car front, car back) and take a clear photo of the dashboard (miles and gas) before clicking on the Confirm Pickup button. Also make sure to take a photo of the car interior as well.
The driver must report any visible scratches or dents at the beginning of the trip while doing the walkthrough with the owner. The driver must take pictures and can report this via the Dashboard -> Contact Support.
At the end of the rental, both driver and owner will need to inspect the car together so that any discrepancies are noted. Damage claims must be reported by an owner immediately after the end of the rental.
1. HyreCar does not cover scratches, dents, punctures, cracks or dings under 6 inches in diameter. This is considered wear and tear.
2. HyreCar does not cover window cracks under 6 inches in diameter.
3. HyreCar does not handle tire damage claims and this must be sorted between the driver and the owner. The owner is responsible for the cost of a flat tire. It is the responsibility of the driver to get it repaired, and the owner is responsible to reimburse the driver.
Note: The driver must inform the owner that a tire replacement needs to be done before taking any action.
4. HyreCar is not liable for loss of income (both for Drivers and Owners), vehicle downtime or storage fees.
5. HyreCar does not provide a rental car as a replacement during an ongoing claims investigation.
6. HyreCar does not cover for interior stains, tears or rips that could occur during an active rental.
7. Driver is fully responsible for safe keep of the keys during a rental. If the driver loses the car key, then he/she must pay for the key replacement directly to the owner. HyreCar is not liable for loss of key.
8. Driver’s responsibility during a damage claim: If a damage occurs in the middle of the trip, then the driver must inform the owner immediately. The driver is held responsible for damages that occur during a rental.
9. Owner must be present during drop off to inspect the vehicle with the driver. If the owner is not present, then he has to volunteer a friend/family member to do the vehicle inspection with the driver upon drop off. HyreCar is not liable for damages reported on the vehicle after the owner has clicked on Confirm Drop Off. This includes any communication regarding the car key: if owner is not present during drop off, then the owner must communicate to the driver regarding the location of car key at drop off. HyreCar is not responsible for loss of car keys upon drop off.
Note: To report a damage claim, please go to your dashboard and click "Contact Support". Damage claim cases take between 2-8 weeks to process and reach a settlement.