Damages can occur during an active rental such as a broken mirror, scratches, dents, or broken headlights. For minor damages, HyreCar encourages the Owner and Driver to settle the repairs between themselves.
Owners must submit 6 photos of the vehicle at the beginning of the rental (passenger side, driver side, car front, car back, odometer and gas tank level) before clicking on the Confirm Pickup button. Also make sure to take a photo of the car interior as well. Owners should also make sure to take a photo of the car interior as well.
Drivers must take pictures or report any visible scratches or dents before the rental begins by doing a walkthrough with the owner. The driver must take pictures and can report this via the Dashboard -> Contact Support.
At the end of the rental, both driver and owner will need to inspect the car together so that any discrepancies are noted. Damage claims must be reported by an owner immediately after the end of the rental.
1. HyreCar's insurance does not cover scratches, dents, punctures, cracks or dings under 6 inches in diameter. Any damages under this threshold are considered normal wear and tear.
2. HyreCar's insurance does not cover window cracks under 6 inches in diameter.
3. HyreCar does not handle tire damage claims. The owner is responsible for the cost of a flat tire. It is the responsibility of the driver to get it repaired, and the owner is responsible to reimburse the driver.
Note: The driver must inform the owner that a tire replacement needs to be done before taking any action.
4. HyreCar is not liable for loss of income (both for Drivers and Owners), vehicle downtime or storage fees.
5. HyreCar does not provide a rental car as a replacement during an ongoing claims investigation or during a repair.
6. HyreCar's insurance will not cover the failure of a vehicle's engine or mechanical components. The Owner is responsible for communicating with the Driver to arrange for standard upkeep and maintenance (e.g. Oil changes. Tire Rotation, Special Gas Requirements, etc). Drivers are responsible to inform Owners of warning lights that come on during a rental (take pictures and communicate with the Owner).
7. HyreCar's insurance does not cover for interior stains, tears or rips that could occur during an active rental.
8. Car keys must be physically exchanged in person. Driver is fully responsible for safe keep of the keys during a rental. If the driver loses the car key, then he/she must pay for the key replacement directly to the owner. HyreCar is not liable for loss of key.
9. Driver’s responsibility during a damage claim: If a damage occurs in the middle of the trip, then the driver must inform the owner immediately. The driver is held responsible for damages that occur during a rental.
10. Owner or an Owner's representative must be present during drop off to inspect the vehicle with the driver. If the owner is not present, then he has to volunteer a friend/family member to do the vehicle inspection with the driver upon drop off. HyreCar is not liable for damages reported on the vehicle after the owner has confirmed vehicle drop-off. It is the Driver's responsibility to meet the Owner at a mutually designated location.
Note: To report a damage claim, please go to your dashboard and click "Contact Support". Damage claim cases take between 2-8 weeks to process and reach a settlement.