- Maintain communication with your car owner during the rental.
- Always be courteous, respectful, and professional to your car owner.
- If you need roadside assistance, contact support via your dashboard or phone, and keep the car owner informed.
- Keep the car clean and tidy, and fill the gas tank to at least ¼ tank before returning the car.
- If you do not feel comfortable with the rental, inform HyreCar customer support of the reason and communicate with the owner to schedule a drop off.
- Be sure to do a walk-through with the car owner at the beginning of the rental to avoid any discrepancies in the future. Remember to take pictures.
- Be sure that you have the insurance printed out before pick up.
- Confirm the exact drop-off time a few hours beforehand, so that the car owner can get ready.
- Remember that HyreCar has a no pet policy for the vehicles listed on the portal. (service animals are not pets)
- If you want to extend your rental, go to your Dashboard -> My Reservations -> Extend Rental -> Pay and Confirm
- Do not be late on your rental. If you are dropping the car off at a later time than intended, please make sure to communicate that to the owner. HyreCar gives a grace time of 2 hours to drop off the vehicle.
- Rate your owner to help maintain our quality ridesharing community.
- Maintain your car: check the oil and other fluid levels, tires, and brakes. A maintained car = a happy driver!
- Do the 19 point inspection ahead of your first rental, if required in your state.
- Watch your listings: you will be notified when a driver wants to rent your car. You have 24 hours to respond to the request before the application expires. Drivers do apply to multiple vehicles at once.
- Always be courteous, respectful, and professional to your car driver.
- Be sure to have a quarter of your tank full when you hand off your car.
- Make sure to do a walk-through with the driver both at the beginning and end of the rental to avoid any discrepancies in the future.
- Take clear photos during pickup (passenger side, driver side, car front, car back) and car dashboard (mileage and gas).
- Confirm that the driver has the insurance printed out and in the car (or do it yourself). Please do not hand off the car until HyreCar issues insurance. Car Owner must click on “Confirm Pickup” to start the rental and click on “Confirm Drop Off” to end the rental.
- Ask to see your driver’s license and confirm that the name matches the name on the account and insurance. Take a photo.
- Car drivers have the option to extend the rental at anytime; communicate with your driver and disallow extensions if you need the car for personal use.
- Make sure to communicate at least a few hours before the drop-off so that no one is left waiting.
- If you see damages during a drop off, take photos and contact HyreCar to start a claim.
- Rate your driver to help maintain our quality in the community.
Note: HyreCar’s insurance does NOT replace the personal or other insurance required by law. HyreCar’s insurance will not provide any state filings for you to obtain a vehicle plate or to annually renew a sticker or other State Requirement. Hyrecar’s insurance only provides limited Livery insurance while temporarily operating on the Hyrecar site.