HyreCar’s Protection Plans provide a variety of coverage options giving Owners the flexibility to conveniently choose coverage and reimbursement levels they would like to receive while their vehicle(s) are rented on the HyreCar platform. These Protection Plans include liability insurance provided by HyreCar’s insurance partner(s), physical damage coverage, and additional services.
The offered Protection Plans are “Basic”, “Standard,” “Premium, and Premium Plus.” Owners have the flexibility of selecting protection on a per-vehicle basis. This allows an Owner to select a plan that best covers each vehicle rented through the HyreCar platform . Protection Plans may only be changed when the vehicle is not rented out on the HyreCar platform. HyreCar must have clear photo documentation of the areas for which the Owner is seeking reimbursement taken and submitted at the time of pick up and within 24 hours of vehicle return. In the event the damage cannot be fully demonstrated by such photo evidence, no coverage will be afforded through HyreCar's Protection Plans.
Tickets & Tolls
Administration of toll fees, toll fee payments, and violations are the financial responsibility of the Driver and must be recovered by the vehicle Owner. The vehicle Owner is responsible for the installation of transponders where applicable and creating accounts with appropriate toll issuing agencies where necessary.
Drivers are responsible for returning the vehicle in the same condition it was picked up in, excluding normal wear and tear. In the event that a Driver returns a vehicle dirty, Owners are eligible to be reimbursed up to the amount listed on the selected Protection Plan for the rental. All reimbursements are subject to the guidelines set within our Cleaning Policy.
- Basic: up to $30
- Standard: up to $50
- Premium: up to $60
- Premium Plus: $75
HyreCar may reimburse the owner for gas up to the specified amount under each Protection Plan, as stated below. All reimbursements are subject to the guidelines set within our Gas Policy.
- Basic: up to 65%
- Standard: up to 80%
- Premium: up to 85%
- Premium Plus: 100%
Owners have the flexibility to limit the amount of miles per day a Driver can drive without incurring extra fees. If the Driver goes over the allotted amount as stated in the vehicle rental agreement, HyreCar may reimburse the owner up to the specified amount under each plan. All reimbursements are subject to the guidelines set within our Mileage Policy.
- Basic: up to 65%
- Standard: up to 80%
- Premium: up to 85%
- Premium Plus: 100%
Owners are eligible for impound fee reimbursement under the Premium and Premium Plus Protection Plans. All reimbursements are subject to the guidelines set within our Towing and Roadside Assistance Policy.
If an Owner has opted into the Premium or Premium Plus plan, they are eligible to be reimbursed a replacement key that has either been lost/stolen up to the amount listed within the Protection Plan. All reimbursements are subject to the guidelines set within our Lost/Stolen/Damaged Key Policy.
- Premium: up to $250
- Premium Plus: up to $300
HyreCar offers Liability Insurance to Owners through its insurance partner(s). Subject to terms, conditions, and exclusions, HyreCar’s insurance partners provide Owners with the following coverage during an Active Rental:
- Minimum liability coverage as required by state law and excess liability coverage up to $1,000,000 in the event that the Owner is determined to be legally liable for an accident.
Physical Damage Coverage
HyreCar Protection Plans afford Owners coverage options with varying shared financial responsibility in the event of a damage claim while the vehicle is rented on HyreCar’s Platform.
Commercial Owners*** receive physical damage coverage to the vehicle up to the lower of $50,000 or the Manheim market report value for the vehicle less the pre-selected Protection Plan’s deductible, for any event that qualifies as a covered peril during the Active Rental by a HyreCar authorized Driver. *disputes must be supported by ORIGINAL bill of sale*
Retail Owners receive physical damage coverage to the vehicle up to the lower of $50,000 or the ACV of the vehicle less the pre-selected Protection Plan’s deductible, for any event that qualifies as a covered peril during the Active Rental by a HyreCar authorized Driver. Coverage for Physical Damage to the vehicle is not insurance but coverage afforded under the selected Protection Plan.
All owners are required to use and maintain a functioning GPS and/or telematics device in the vehicle in compliance with applicable state law. Failure to adhere to this requirement will result in denial of coverage under the Protection Plan.
The Protection Plan deductible is the amount the registered vehicle Owner is responsible for in the event of physical damage to the vehicle during an Active Rental before the Owner is eligible for reimbursement.
- Premium Plus: $500 Owner deductible
- Premium: $1,000 Owner deductible
- Standard: $2,500 Owner deductible
- Basic: $3,000 Owner deductible
Following settlement of the claim, the Owner has 30 days to submit any supplements to the original claim after which time the claim shall be considered permanently closed and settled.
Physical damage: the actual tangible damage to the vehicle that occurs during the Active Rental subject, but not limited to the exclusions below:
- Any damage existing prior to or as of the start of the Active Rental.
- Any damage that occurs during a Transportation Network or delivery service companies period of coverage.
- Damage to any personal items left in the vehicle.
- Any mechanical, electrical, suspension, engine, clutch or transmission damage a vehicle incurs due to age, normal usage or wear and tear, defect, a lack of maintenance, or warranty issue (including, but not limited to manufacturer defect), along with any resulting damage or resulting fire that arises due to such failures.
- Damage to, or resulting from, tires that are defective, have excessive wear & tear or dry rot, have tread depth less than 4/32 inch, are not properly inflated prior to the reservation, or are 6 or more years old.
- Any fading, discoloration, rust, or wear caused to the interior or exterior of the Vehicle over time. Also includes any deterioration from road use of tires, and mechanical deterioration of belts, suspension, electrical and mechanical components, along with any resulting damage from these events.
- Interior Wear & Tear, including but not limited to minor scuffing, scratches, rips, dents or cracks of interior surfaces. Interior Wear & Tear includes any dials, switches, handles and knobs that break or change appearance.
- Exterior Wear and Tear Including, but not limited to, scratches, dents, punctures, cracks or dings less than 6 inches in length and any damage to rims, wheels, hubcaps, and undercarriage.
- Glass including, but not limited to any window or windshield damage that is not the result of an accident or collision regardless of size.
- Scrapes, scratches, dings regardless of size, to the underside of bumpers, air deflectors and underbody panels.
- Damage caused by or due to Flood, Hail, Windstorm, or other natural disasters.
- Betterment or Diminished Value
- Storage fees from any body shop or storage location incurred after the date claim was reported.
A violation of HyreCar’s Terms of Service will result in the denial of reimbursement under all plans. HyreCar reserves the right to deny any reimbursement.
Repairs must be made to the vehicle prior to relisting on the HyreCar platform. Failure to make adequate repairs will result in denial of future claims. Proof of repairs must be provided prior to relisting the vehicle (e.g., photos, payment receipts, etc).
Owner waives its right to subrogate against the Driver for any losses that are covered and paid for by HyreCar’s insurance policy(s) or Protections Plans.
*Collision - an instance of one moving object or person striking violently against another (excludes regular road hazards such as potholes, speed bumps, curbs, debris, etc.)
There is no element of making a profit in a contract of these Protection Plan offerings. Accordingly, coverages may be reduced to ensure that profits are not made through the utilization of the Protection Plan offerings.
Vehicles that are current model year or newer (i.e. 2023 or 2024) with mileage below 15,000 will be authorized for original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts. For vehicles older than the same model year (i.e. 2022 and older) with over 15,000 miles, only aftermarket parts will be authorized for repairs. Should an owner wish to utilize OEM parts on an older vehicle, they will be responsible to pay the difference in price for parts.
In order for coverage to be afforded for a damage claim, the vehicle must remain unlisted from the HyreCar platform until the claim has been resolved and proof of repair completion has been provided and accepted. Should an owner choose to relist their vehicle and rent during an ongoing claim investigation, coverage will be denied and the claim closed.
***Commercial owners are defined as owners who have a dealer license and/or access to wholesale vehicle suppliers, e.g., Manheim, CoPart, IAA etc.