- Watch for rental requests: Owners will be notified when a Driver wants to rent, and only have 24 hours to respond before the application expires. If the vehicle is not ready to be rented, Owners have the option to snooze their listing.
- Maintain the vehicle: check the oil, fluid levels, tires, and brakes. A maintained car = a happy Driver!
- Be sure to have the vehicles inspection completed ahead of the first rental.
- Be sure to fill the vehicle up with gas before handing it off to the Driver.
- Do not hand off the car until HyreCar issues insurance, as it will not be covered in the event of an accident.
- Request to see the driver's license of the Driver and confirm that the name matches the name on the Driver's profile and insurance card.
- Do a thorough walk-through with the Driver, both at the beginning and end of the rental to avoid any future discrepancies.
- Take clear photos at vehicle pick up, these photos will be used to validate any pre-existing damage in the event of a claim.
- “Confirm Pick Up” to begin the rental and “Confirm Drop Off” to end the rental.
- Drivers have the option to extend the rental at anytime. Communicate with the Driver and disallow extensions if for vehicle return.
- Be sure to stay in contact with the Driver during the rental period.
- If there are damages to be reported, take photos at drop off and initiate a claim immediately through your Owner Dashboard.
- Always be courteous, respectful, and professional towards any member of the HyreCar community.
Note: Drivers are not required to have a personal insurance to rent cars on our platform. For owners, the insurance provided during the rental period does not replace personal and/or other insurance required by law. Rental period insurance provided by HyreCar’s insurance partner(s) will not provide any state filings for the owner to obtain a vehicle plate or to annually renew a sticker and/or other State Requirement. The insurance only provides temporary limited Livery insurance while the vehicle is being rented out on the HyreCar platform.
For more information on insurance options to cover vehicle(s) while not rented on HyreCar, click here.