This inspection is a procedure carried out by government or private organizations to check a car in 19 specific areas to ensure that it conforms to safety and operational requirements.
While the 19 points are the same for different companies, their procedures differ slightly. The process also varies based on the geographical location where the inspection is performed.
- Turn indicator lights
- Stop lights
- Foot brakes
- Emergency/parking brake
- Steering mechanism
- Heat and air conditioning
- Front, rear and side window
- Front seat adjustment mechanism
- Door controls (open, close, lock)
- Body condition/damage
- Muffler and exhaust system
- Condition of tires, including tread depth
- Interior and exterior rear view mirrors
- Safety belts for driver and passengers
This inspection promotes safety, compliance, and quality control, benefiting both the Owners and the Drivers who rent their vehicles. If a vehicle has problems in any of these areas, it will not pass inspection until the issue is addressed.