Safety and vehicle quality are key to ensure the confidence of all HyreCar platform users. Vehicles on the marketplace must meet minimum vehicle and maintenance requirements. Owners of vehicles must perform the following on a regular basis:
- Check the vehicle(s) for any defects in operations and safety to guarantee a roadworthy condition; it is recommended to inspect before and after every rental so that all Drivers receive a quality vehicle that meets their expectations
- Follow all local laws and regulations for vehicle safety, conditions and operation
- Maintain general upkeep of the vehicle by following manufacturer maintenance guidelines; this includes but is not limited to:
- Oil changes
- Windshield wiper & other high-wear replaceable items
- All fluids, including steering, transmission, etc.
- Tire pressure and rotations
- Brakes, rotors, bearings
- Front end / safety components
- Presenting a clean and sanitary vehicle at check-in
- Follow local winter safety requirements, such as laws about the use of snow and studded tires and chains
- Get an annual vehicle safety inspection on all HyreCar vehicles
It is the responsibility of both parties to maintain communication and schedule routine maintenance during rentals for vehicles to remain compliant with minimum Rideshare & Delivery Requirements. Drivers may be held liable for damages and incur fees if they refuse to work with owners to schedule routine maintenance on rentals.
HyreCar may cancel booked rentals and de-list a vehicle if we receive repeated safety or maintenance concerns. Drivers who feel that a vehicle is unsafe has the right to refuse the rental at check-in or return the vehicle early.
Note: If damage occurs as a result of mechanical failure or the Owner’s failure to maintain the vehicle in a safe and roadworthy condition, the costs for repair will be the responsibility of the Owner. Failure of the vehicle Owner to adhere to the above requirements may even void coverage under any relevant insurance policy(s) or Protection Plans. At no time is HyreCar responsible for damages incurred due to lack of maintenance or mechanical failure of any kind.