HyreCar recommends that all rentals are provided with a full tank of gas to create the best check-in experience for the Driver. Drivers are responsible for returning the vehicle with the same level of fuel or electric charge it had when the vehicle was picked up. For assistance finding EV recharging stations, go to plugshare.com.
What should an Owner do if the vehicle is returned with less gas?
At time of rental check-in, it is important for owners to take photographic evidence of the gas gauge or charge indicator. If a vehicle is returned with less than the amount given, the Owner must submit a photograph of the gas gauge upon check-out. This will be used as evidence to assess any gas reimbursement. Owners have 24 hours after a rental has been returned to file a request, and the evidence will need to be submitted within 48 hours of filing the claim to be eligible for reimbursement. To file a gas claim:
- Find the rentals tab from the owner dashboard
- Locate the rental in current or past reservations
- Follow the prompts to file a claim for reimbursement
- Submit photographs of the vehicle’s gas gauge at pick up, when the vehicle is returned, and dated fuel receipt
- Receipts for services completed will require merchant contact details
- Requests without receipts or contact information will be denied
A member of the HyreCar team will review the request and evidence provided to determine the refund. If the Driver is found liable, HyreCar will reimburse the Owner based on the specified percentage under the selected protection plan for the vehicle. Driver’s will be invoiced by the HyreCar team and may be subject to additional processing fees.