HyreCar Terms for Promotional Offers
To qualify for and receive any promotional offer or credit (the “Offer”), the User must meet the requirements indicated in the Offer, in the User’s Account, and in these Terms. User’s must have a valid User Account with a valid form of accepted payment on file to take advantage of an Offer. The Offer may not be applied if all conditions are not met. For Offers available to new Drivers or Owners, as applicable, Users will be disqualified and will not be entitled to receive the Offer if HyreCar has a record of their name, vehicle, email, phone number, or credit card having being being linked to an existing active or inactive User Account or otherwise suspected of fraudulent activity. Offers cannot be redeemed for cash or cash equivalent. Offers are not transferable and may not be auctioned, traded, copied, transferred, bartered, modified or sold. Offers cannot be applied retroactively. Offers cannot be combined unless otherwise indicated. Terms are subject to change by HyreCar at any time. HyreCar reserves the right to modify or cancel an Offer at any time. Void where restricted or prohibited by law. HyreCar’s computer is the official date/time keeping device for all Offers. The Offer redeeming User is responsible for paying any applicable sales tax related to the use of an Offer; HyreCar has no obligation for payment of any tax in conjunction with the distribution or use of any Offer.
How do Promo Codes work?
- Each percent-off promo code will be calculated based on the Base price + Transaction fee + Insurance fee. The base price calculated includes any long rental discounts if applicable. Deposits, young driver fees, and late fees are not discounted at this time.
- All Drivers are eligible to apply and redeem a given promo code; however, some promo codes may only be marketed to a particular group of users. Unique promo codes may only be redeemed once per Driver.
- Drivers may apply the same promo code multiple times while requesting multiple rentals. However, once one rental with an applied promo code is approved and redeemed, that code may no longer be used by that driver. A single promo code can only be redeemed once per Driver.
- Applying a promo code occurs when the rental is requested or successfully extended.
- If payment fails or the promo code is invalid, rental extensions will not occur and the promo code will not be applied or redeemed
- Redeeming a promo code occurs when the rental request is successfully approved or the rental extension request is approved.
- On extensions, applying and redeeming occur almost simultaneously since there is no further action required (like an Owner needing to approve a rental request) Therefore, Drivers may apply to multiple vehicles with the same code; however, once one of those rentals is accepted or approved while using for a rental extension (promo code redeemed), they may no longer successfully apply that promo code.
- Drivers can not currently combine multiple promo in a single transaction; if a rental has a long-standing rental discount offered by the car Owner, the new promo code can still be applied and redeemed
- Promo codes can be used on both initial rentals and rental extensions
- Each code must have a preset end date that is within 100 days of the start date; exact valid date ranges will vary for each promo code
- Drivers may use promo codes with full functionality on driver web, Android, and iOS
- A Driver may use a promo code if they are late, however late fees are currently not discounted with percent-off promo codes
- Drivers can not use promo codes if they are blocked since they are unable to submit an initial rental request or extension payment
- Promo codes can not be used to pay an invoice
- If a rental with a redeemed promo code gets canceled, that promo code is “rolled back,” and the Driver can re-apply the promo code; when a “roll back” occurs, the budget and usage limit is credited back to the original parameters of the promo code