Drivers should follow these tips to ensure a smooth experience:
- Insurance will be available 24 hours prior to the scheduled pickup date. Drivers should not pick up the vehicle until the insurance has been issued.
- A rental does not officially begin until Drivers have the car in their possession and the check-in process is complete. The start date and time will automatically update once the owner has completed check-in. If a Driver has issues contacting the Owner for more than one day, they should reach out to HyreCar support for assistance.
- It is strongly recommended that Drivers download their rental documents from the HyreCar app prior to check-in, and start uploading them immediately to whichever rideshare/delivery services they intend to drive with. Most services process these documents in a matter of a few hours.
- At the time of check-in, drivers should take pictures of all exterior sides and interior of the car.
- Drivers can always extend a rental for longer than the initial booking period if needed. This can easily be done in the HyreCar App by the day, week, or month.