How does the approval process with HyreCar work?
HopSkipDrive drivers must first be cleared with HopSkipDrive. Drivers can then simply visit hyrecar.com to create an account and see the full range of available vehicles in their area. They will then be able to submit vehicle applications and will be prompted to provide some basic driving information.
Upon approval, drivers will receive documentation provided by HyreCar to upload into their HopSkipDrive account, which they will then be able to meet with the car owner and begin working.
HopSkipDrive and HyreCar will be offering a limited time promotion in which HopSkipDrive will reimburse a portion of the HyreCar rental service, after a week of completed service on the HopSkipDrive app.
How long does it take to get approved?
It can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks to get approved with HopSkipDrive, as they have a rigorous and secure process.
What are the requirements to drive with HopSkipDrive?
- You must be 21+ years of age
- You must have a clean driving record and criminal background
- You must have equivalent to 5 years of professional or personal childcare experience
- HopSkipDrive meets with every CareDriver in person to conduct fingerprinting to ensure ultimate security and safety
What are the requirements to drive with HyreCar?
- Drivers must be 23+ years of age
- Drivers must possess a valid in-state driver’s license
- Drivers must have had the license for at least one year in the state the driver is looking to obtain a rental car
- Drivers must have a mobile phone in their name, to allow HyreCar to communicate through text messages
- Drivers must have an existing Lyft, Uber, or other on-demand rideshare or courier account
In addition to the basic HyreCar requirements, drivers must also be clear of a set of violations that will disqualify them from renting a vehicle.
- Drivers should not have a major violation in the past five years. Some examples include:
- Reckless driving
- Hit and run
- Driving with a suspended, revoked or invalid license.
- Drivers must not have more than two minor violations in the last three years. Some examples include:
- Failure to display proper license plate numbers provided such license plates are in existence
- Failure to wear a seat belt
- Failure to provide proof of insurance when required
How long does the HyreCar approval process take?
- The HyreCar background check typically takes 24-48 hours, which is required for first-time drivers only.
- Once you have passed, here are the steps to get out there driving:
- 1. Browse Cars to book.
- 2. Once you confirm the booking, car owners have 24 hours to confirm or deny your request.
- 3. Once approved, drivers will receive i) Insurance in your name, ii) Registration Form in car owner’s name and iii) Inspection Form.
- 4. Upload the three documents to your ridesharing portal.
- 5. Contact Car owner to meet up and pick up the car.
- 6. Inspect your car before pick up, and start to drive towards your financial freedom.
What are the details of the promotion?
The promotion will run from July 23 - August 3. HopSkipDrive will reimburse a portion of the HyreCar rental service, after a week of completed service on the HopSkipDrive app.
What are the benefits of driving with HopSkipDrive?
Some of the key benefits of driving for HopSkipDrive include:
- Earning 25% more than driving for Uber/Lyft
- Ability to set your schedule ahead of time
- Work with an incredible youth population to change lives